You can make a difference!
• Teach children the true meaning of responsible pet ownership and love by sterilizing your pets to prevent the birth of more homeless animals.
• Adopt a homeless pet.
• Spay or neuter a local stray.
• In most Parishes in LA, 80% of the animals impounded yearly are euthanized.
• Neutered/spayed pets are less aggressive, less likely to fight, and less likely to bite, as documented in studies.
• Spayed females typically stay healthier and live longer. They have a lower incidence of mammary tumors and no uterine or ovarian cancers, which is better for your pet and means lower medical bills.
• Neutered/spayed pets (especially males) are less territorial and less likely to roam.
• Research indicates that 80% of dogs hit by cars are unaltered males.
Highlights of this program:
• Applications will be reviewed each month until November 2014 pending continued availability of funds from grants and community donations.
• Participants may choose a veterinarian to perform the surgery.
•Natchitoches Hope for Paws will pay the vet directly.
November 4, 11, and 18, 2014
Magee's Patio Cafe
"Give Back the Night" Event
November 6, 2014
NHFP Monthly Meeting
Natchitoches Arts Center
716 2nd Street
November 8, 2014
Pet Smart - Shreveport
7061 Youree Dr.
Petsmart Adoption Event
November 20, 2014
Chilis "Give Back the Night"
932 Keyser Avenue
November 29, 2014
Fleur di Lis Arts and Crafts Show
Natchitoches Event Center