You can make a difference!
• Teach children the true meaning of responsible pet ownership and love by sterilizing your pets to prevent the birth of more homeless animals.
• Adopt a homeless pet.
• Spay or neuter a local stray.
• In most Parishes in LA, 80% of the animals impounded yearly are euthanized.
• Neutered/spayed pets are less aggressive, less likely to fight, and less likely to bite, as documented in studies.
• Spayed females typically stay healthier and live longer. They have a lower incidence of mammary tumors and no uterine or ovarian cancers, which is better for your pet and means lower medical bills.
• Neutered/spayed pets (especially males) are less territorial and less likely to roam.
• Research indicates that 80% of dogs hit by cars are unaltered males.
Highlights of this program:
• Applications will be reviewed each month until November 2014 pending continued availability of funds from grants and community donations.
• Participants may choose a veterinarian to perform the surgery.
•Natchitoches Hope for Paws will pay the vet directly.
NHFP Monthly Meeting
Natchitoches Arts Center
716 2nd Street
Pet Smart - Shreveport
7061 Youree Dr.
Pet Smart - Alexandria
2685 S. MacArthur Drive